(with mod_mysql, mod_xml,
*Do not use PHP 4.3.9, 4.4.2 or 5.0.4. These releases have known bugs that will interfere with installation. Zend Optimizer 2.5.10 for PHP 4.4.x also has serious bugs and you should ask your host to upgrade to a newer version. Joomla! versions 1.5.15 + are compatible with PHP 5.3. Note that the OpenID library is not yet compatible with PHP 5.3.
**Joomla is not yet compatible with MySQL 6.x.
***In order to use SEO URLs, you will need to have the Apache mod_rewrite extension installed.
****For Microsoft IIS (depending on your setup) you may need the following:
- PHP 5.2 – Installation instructions
- MySQL 5.1 – Installation instructions
- Microsoft URL Rewrite Module – Required for SEO URLs only. For more information, click here. For information about using ISAPI, click here.
- FastCGI – Download for IIS6. Download for IIS7.
For further assistance using Microsoft IIS, visit the Joomla IIS forum.
Joomla 1.6 will require PHP 5.2+ and MySQL 5.0.4+.
If installing on a local computer, there are a number of packages that will help you get set up quicker than individual installations:
- LAMP (Linux) – Most Linux distributions come with a pre-configured LAMP server.
- WAMP (Windows) – For more information, visit http://www.wampserver.com
- MAMP (Macintosh) – For more information, visit http://www.mamp.info
- XAMPP (Multi-platform) – Not for live sites. For more information, visit http://www.apachefriends.org/en/xampp.html
If you need other options, we recommend visiting our installation forums for more information.