Working in Briefcase
Briefcase can be used to share and manage documents that you create in Briefcase or documents and images that you upload to your Briefcase folders. Use Briefcase to save files in your account so that you can access these files whenever you log in to your account from any computer.
You can share your briefcases folders with others who can view and edit the files in the shared Briefcase.
You can create multiple briefcase folders and then upload any type of file from your computer or your computer network, save attachments sent with your email messages, and create new documents.
Files in Briefcase are copies of the original file, whether the file is on your computer or an attachment to your email. Changes you make to files in your briefcase do not change the original file.
View the Zimbra 8.X Briefcase video tutorial
Creating Briefcase Folders
- Go to Briefcase>Folders.
- Click the gear icon and select New Briefcase.
- Enter a Name for the new briefcase folder.
- The briefcase folder name must be unique within the hierarchy of your all of mailbox folders. This name cannot match any top-level folder in your mailbox, calendar, or address book. For example, if you have a calendar named Holidays, you cannot name a top-level briefcase Holidays. Holidays could be a name of a briefcase within another briefcase.
- Select the Color of the new briefcase file.
- Select the folder hierarchy, either under Folders or under another briefcase folder. You can create a new top-level briefcase, or you can place it under an existing briefcase.
- Click OK.
Upload Files from Briefcase
- Go to the Briefcase tab and select the Briefcase to save the file.
- Click Upload File and Browse to find the file to upload.
- In the Notes text field, add any information about the file. This information is displayed in the file list.
- To add another file, click Add.
- You cannot upload a file with the same name to the same briefcase. If a file is uploaded that already exists in the folder, an Upload Conflict dialog displays. You can either click Yes to upload the file, overwriting the existing file, or click No.
- The version number is updated if a file is overwritten.
- When all files are uploaded, click OK.
Note: If you selected the wrong briefcase, you can use drag and drop to move the file to the correct Briefcase folder.
- If the file is too large, a warning displays. Files that you upload impact your account quota.
Sharing Briefcase Files Externally
You can share your hamaraemail files with other non-hamaraemail users by uploading them to your Zimbra Briefcase.
Select Briefcase tab inside your Zimbra webmail and create New Folder.
Grant an external user access to the Briefcase by right-clicking on the new folder and select Share Folder.
Select External guests (view only) and enter their email address for the shared Briefcase.
The external user should receive an email containing the URL of the shared briefcase along with instructions